And finding ways to make things easier.
So that is what today's project is all about (so turn yourself around - sorry, it brought back some Hokey Pokey memories!)
So I've had the Stampin' Up! Fine Glitter for quite some time now but I don't use it much. It can get messy and with 2 little girls this house is usually messy enough! But I really wanted to make some fun glittery polka dots and figured I could do them easily by just using mini glue dots. They came out great and I'm so excited about this card! Since there is no glue there is very little mess and I made these polka dots in about a minute.
And continuing with the featured color - this week I played around with BORDERING BLUE. Now I've looked at the color in my cardstock pack at least a hundred times and never thought twice about it. But then I was playing with the Bella Birds pack of Designer Series paper and fell in LOVE with Bordering Blue. So here it is!
And HAPPY NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY! I'll be cropping at the Scrapbooking Cafe all day so I have to start packing and finish up this post. Don't forget to preserve some memories today, even if it just means getting some photos on a memory card. :)
- Bordering Blue, Whisper White and Pink Pirouette cardstock
- Bordering Blue and Kiwi Kiss ink
- "Petal Pizazz" and "Sweet Little Sentiments" (hostess) stamp sets
- White Signo Pen
- Kiwi Kiss Ribbon
- Jumbo Pewter Eyelet
- Small Glue Dots
- Fine Supernova Glitter (Olive)
- Stampin' Dimensionals
- Large Tag Punch
- Take your card with Bordering Blue cardstock and stamp your small sentiment stamp around the edges with Bordering Blue ink.
- On Whisper White cardstock stamp your large flower image with Kiwi Kiss ink. Cut it out. Also stamp a leaf and cut it out.
- Take small glue dots and place them around the green part of your flower for your polka dots then sprinkle your glitter on top of them. It will stick well. Tap off the remaining portion of your glitter.
- Stamp your stem directly on the card with Kiwi Kiss.
- Add Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the flower and the leaf and add them to your card.
- Punch a large tag shape from Pink Pirouette cardstock and outline the edges with your white signo pen.
- Stamp your greeting again in Kiwi Kiss on Whisper White cardstock and cut out each word. You may need to stamp it a few times to get all of the words cut out with ample room around each one. Once the words are cut out adhere them to the tag.
- Using your Crop-A-Dile add your jumbo brad to the top of the tag.
- Tie on your Kiwi Kiss ribbon and add the tag to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.