Sunday, April 29, 2012

Circle Circus CASE

There's been a lively discussion over on the Stampin' Up! demonstrators forum on CASEing. For those of you that haven't heard the term before, the acronym stands for Create And Share Everything. So if you make a card and post it online, someone might CASE (or copy) it. Copying sounds bad, but really it's not as long as the person copying gives credit where credit is due.

99% of the time I don't CASE. Not because I think it's a bad thing, I definitely DO NOT think that! I love that we're allowed to "borrow" ideas and designs to use for our business if we'd like. The reason I don't do it is that my brain just doesn't work like that. Even when following someone else's directions, I've never been able to follow them exactly. I have to make little changes. Make it my own. That's the fun of papercrafting for me.

But today's card is different - it's a CASE! I saw this card and 1) it used one of my absolute favorite stamp sets (Circle Circus), and 2) the colors looked AMAZING together! I knew I had to CASE it, if for any reason other than for my fellow Circle Circus lover, Connie Kuhn to see it. ;) The original card was created by Aimee Cretsinger and can be seen on her blog here. I changed the green from Certainly Celery to Pear Pizzazz, and changed a few other things, but MAN I love this card! Thanks for the inspiration, Aimee!

Don't forget!
Tomorrow is the LAST day you're able to order from the Occasions Mini Catalog and the Summer Smooches Collection!
I also have an exciting post I will be making tomorrow with a NEW SCRAPBOOKING KIT!!! so be sure to check back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Aimee Cretsinger said...

Wow Holly!! I just saw your blog post.... I can't think of a better compliment than to have someone CASE a card of mine. Your special touches that you added are wonderful! Your creations are wonderful!! This coming from you is extra special! Thanks for the wrm fuzzy today! :-)