Sunday, January 19, 2014

There's You Card

It's been forever since I've made a card! With my foot surgeries and inability to walk this summer/fall it has been impossible to break out the crafty supplies and get to creating. As you can see on the blog, I did a LOT of My Digital Studio! Quite honestly, I wasn't even sure I still had my paper card-making mojo. So last night I got out all of my favorite supplies and went to work.

I started with the flowers because I knew I wanted to do some silver on silver embossing. To do that I used my favorite Brushed Silver Cardstock and some Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder. These flowers from the Morning Meadow hostess set came out beautifully! I knew I wanted them to pop off of the page, so I used my thumb to curl up the petals just a little and added a large Rhinestone Jewel Accent to the center of each one and a Stampin' Dimensional on the back of each.

Next, I started on the background. I used the Brushed Silver Cardstock as my base, then trimmed some Coastal Cabana cardstock to put on top. But first I embossed the bottom half with the Honeycomb embossing folder and flipped it over because I wanted to use the backside of the embossing, then sewed it on to the background with my sewing machine.

In my mind I knew I wanted to use the Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Stretch Trim as the flower stems, but once I put it on the Coastal Cabana cardstock I didn't think it showed up enough. The colors were too close. So I broke out my Epic Day This & That Washi Tape (the striped one is my absolute FAVORITE!) and added the tape before I added my trim so it would help separate it from the background. I wasn't sure how it would look or if it would work, but once I sewed down the stems with a zig-zag stitch I LOVE how it turned out!

The last thing I needed was my sentiment, so I used my Chalk Talk stamp set and the Oval "There's You" stamp. I heat embossed it in white on Basic Gray Cardstock to match my washi tape, then punched it out with the Extra Large Oval Punch. I hand cut a quick banner out of Whisper White Cardstock, then added a small strip of the washi tape at the bottom of it.














Supply List:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

You still have major MOJO!! Love this card!