Thursday, November 24, 2011

November 25 - Tri-fold Card {MDS Blog Hop}

Today I challenged the MDS blog hop girls to use the new tri-fold card Stampin' Up! offers with MDS.


About a month ago I had one of these printed with the intention of sending it to my mom. But when I got the printed card I knew there was no way it was leaving this house. The first reason was when I designed it in My Digital Studio I didn't pay attention to the sizing, I just assumed it would be the same size as a normal A2 card. I was so shocked to find out that it was such a large size! I had created my project using the 5"x7" tri-fold card and I guess I didn't realize that EACH fold would be 5"x7".


The other thing that amazed me was the quality. There was nothing flimsy about this thing, it's printed on very thick cardstock - which made me think that this thing was just too nice to send to someone like a normal card. (Yes, I still love you Mom - I'll send you another card!) I wanted to PLAY with this thing! Dress it up and make it a home decor project. Which is just what I did.

I love the silver glitter paper from Stampin' Up! so I used that to create two little scalloped circle frames. Then I used the clear window sheets (also punched with the large scalloped circle) to place in the 3-D frames with a stamped flower and punched black heart. But when I put my little 3-D frames on the project they didn't show up as much as I wanted so I made another one in black and placed it directly on the tri-fold so it would look like a shadow of the glitter frame. That helped it show up so much better.

And don't forget that the tri-fold has a back that you can design as well! I designed it when I had it printed, but didn't play with that side yet - I figure I can play with that one later so that way when I get tired of looking at the front side of the project I can just flip it over and BAM! New project! Here's a picture of the back -

And don't forget - from now until November 30th, if you purchase My Digital Studio Express for $39.95 you can pick from one of three digital download bundles ($40 value) for FREE!

1 comment:

Julie Leblanc said...

Thank you for your lovely comment Holy... your card look amazing :-) I love the end result and how you added extra elements :-)