Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29 - Wall Art

I was lucky enough to find this frame at our church rummage sale for $5. When I found it there was a mirror in the middle and the frame was brushed gold. I hate gold, really I do. But I bought it anyway and brought it home to my husband. He was able to take out the mirror leaving only the frame and he also painted the frame black for me. Now it was perfect! So I hung it in my dining room and did nothing with it for almost a year. UGH.

We had Thanksgiving at our home this year for our families and while we were cleaning the house, the one thing Chad requested was that I "put something in that frame!" I guess it was bugging him more than it was bugging me. :)

I had an 8"x10" photo of the girls already printed, so using normal scrapbooking adhesive, I stuck it to the wall in the middle of the frame. Now I was also lucky enough to snag a few of the black rhinestone swirls that Stampin' Up! had on the Clearance Rack a few months ago, so I added the swirls overlapping the photo and the straight strings of rhinestones on the edges of the photo (so it wouldn't look so much like I just stuck a photo straight to the wall). But when I stood back, I could tell it needed something else. The photos and the rhinestones didn't fill up enough of the space inside of the frame.

PUNCHES! Use your punches, silly! Some Basic Black and Crumb Cake cardstock did the trick - I punched the Fancy Flower punch with Basic Black, and the inside flower of the Blossom Bouquet punch. Then did the outside flower of the Blossom Bouquet punch with Crumb Cake cardstock. Once I had the flowers built, I just added a rhinestone to the center and stuck them inside of the frame. Done!

Now my wall is finished and my husband can no longer complain that we have an empty frame hanging in the dining room!

Supplies I used:



No comments: