Saturday, March 24, 2012

So, Maybe I Do Sew!

I've been asked so often if I sew. My reply, "Only on paper." My mother was the fabric sewer. She made most of my clothes and could fix just about anything with her machine. But that's my mom. Not me. It's like cooking to me - I have no interest in sewing on fabric what-so-ever.

When Stampin' Up! came out with fabric, it should be no surprise that it didn't interest me in the least. I like paper so much more. It's firm, not flimsy. Have you ever tried to make a card or a scrapbook page out of fabric? I don't think so.

But then I went to the grocery and they had a calendar on super-clearance that would be perfect for me to carry around with my events inside. Too bad the cover was capital U - G - L - Y. Yes, I could have covered it with paper. But wouldn't that be too easy? I'm not really a fan of easy. So I got the FREE Flirtatious Designer Fabric (Sale-A-Bration item #127711) from the Sale-a-Bration book and sewed it over the cover of the book. Did you hear that? I sewed it! And I lived! And I loved it - a lot.

So now, thanks to Sale-A-Bration I'm a sewer of fabric. Look out - they may have created a monster!

No comments: