Thursday, June 7, 2012

MDS Blog Hop - Hybrid Bookmarks

This week I challenged the blog hop girls to make something hybrid. I love digital, but sometimes I just need to add that little "extra" thing to it.

My project this week was bookmarks. My girls have been out of school for a week now, and while I want them to have fun all summer long I also don't want them to slack off in their reading. I created these bookmarks using the new Storytime MDS content disk (which I LOVE!) - it's on page 199 of the new catalog or at the link above.

I printed them out on Whisper White cardstock on my home printer, then cut them out and laminated them so they wouldn't fall apart to easily. I punched a hole in the top with my Crop-a-Dile, then added the ribbons to the top of each one.

Now here's where the hybrid part comes in. See that little yellow flower on each one? They're punched from Daffodil Delight cardstock and glue-dotted on. I will add a new punched flower for each book they read all summer long. I hope this will get them excited enough to keep reading, even throughout those hot, fun summer months.

It was a very busy week for many of us MDS Blog-hoppers so there are a few of us who couldn't get a project done. But have no fear, they promise to be back next week! :)

Continue along the hop by following these links!
6. Holly VanDyne (you are here!)




No comments: