Friday, June 29, 2012

MDS Blog Hop - Swatch Books

Years ago (before I had discovered digital) I had made my Grandma a tag book which is actually pretty close to a swatch book. With 10 kids, my Grandma is amassing quite a collection of great-grandchildren. The tag book had a tag for each of her great-grandchildren. It worked great for about the first 3 or 4 kids, but I kept having to steal it back from her every time another "great" was born, and the embellishments that matched on it nine years ago when I started it, I no longer have. So while it was a great idea 9 years ago, it's just not really functional anymore. Now she's up to 7 great-grandchildren with another one on the way.

But then (thanks to today's challenge!) I've discovered the swatch books! And I know it will be perfect for what I had intended to make her years ago, only so much easier since it's digital. Now I just have to contact my cousins and get photos of their ultra-adorable kids.

To the right is the cover and the two pages that I COULD do because I had the pictures and information for them. I'll add more as I get more.

For this project I used the Spring Break II kit which I absolutely LOVE! Have I ever told you how much I love the fact that Stampin' Up! comes out with a batch of new digital downloads available EVERY WEEK? How fun is that?


Now don't forget to visit the other blog-hoppers today! I'm sure they did some fantastic swatch books and I can't wait to go drool over them. Since I'm at the end of the list, you get to start at the beginning!


10. Holly VanDyne (you are here!)



1 comment:

Katie J. said...

Awesome, Holly! I'm a new follower from SC, my blog is at http://stampitupwithkatie.blogspot.com if you'd like to follow me back :)