Friday, May 2, 2014

Super-Easy Digital Handwriting

I've had a few people ask me lately how I added my signature to my watermark and to my blog posts. Technically I use a digital drawing pad instead of a mouse with my laptop and that's how I made it. BUT since then I've found a super quick and easy way for you to make your own which doesn't involve you spending $100 on a drawing pad. In fact, it won't cost you anything if you have a tablet.

If you have an iPad, I use an app called "Paper" by FiftyThree . It lets you draw with your fingertips (not your nail - don't want to scratch that screen!). Here's the fun part. The more pressure you put on the screen with your finger, the thicker your line will be. The less pressure, the thinner. And it's so easy to use! It gives you different "albums" to use and there are many pages in each to play around with. Don't like what you made? Use the eraser tool to erase it! There are many colors, too. As you can see, I used it to write the word 'Love' for the card in my daughter's album. Once you have the app there are other more complex tools you can order but I've been using for a while and I've never had to purchase anything.

See that little box with an arrow button in the middle of the X and the + at the bottom of the screen? That's the button you press to share your creation when you get it just how you want it. That share button will let you email it to yourself. With this one I just emailed it to myself then uploaded it to my favorite photo processor.

Now I have a neuromuscular disease that makes my fingers and hands tremble so normally my handwriting isn't the best. It's kind of shaky and not very smooth. But see the 'Love'? I did that! Even with my shaky fingers! It takes whatever you write and makes it SMOOTH. Awesome, right?

But what if you have an Android tablet? Unfortunately, Paper by 53 isn't available for Android, however I have heard of a similar app called Bamboo Paper that IS available for free in the Play store and iTunes. I tested this app out, too and it works a LOT like Paper by 53. Only this one lets you pick your pen size and has more colors available (and cuter ones!). But as far as writing goes, I found the Paper by 53 App slightly easier to get the look I wanted. Either way - there are two fabulous free options that will let you get your own handwriting digitally into your scrapbooks or on your blog!

I've had a few people ask -- the Project Life card used on my page above is from the Stampin' Up! Everyday Adventure kit and you can get one by clicking here. Just go to PRODUCTS at the top, then SHOP NOW and all of the Project Life items are on the left side. :)

Hope you have fun!



No comments: