Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Simple Work of Art

I am such a sucker for fast, flat, simple cards! So guess what I have to share with you today? I used to have a feature on the blog called "Flat Tuesdays" where I'd share a completely flat card with you. Well, it IS Tuesday...

A few of my team members and I went to the Stampin' Up! 2014/15 Catalog Premier last night and got to get our own copy of it. We also got one of the BRAND NEW stamp sets called "Work of Art" and it is one of my new absolute favorite sets (even before I knew we were going to bring one home!)

It's got a little watercolor-y action going on and has greetings AND the background images. Everything stamped on this card is in the set. The background "swoosh" is stamped in Pistachio Pudding and the words on top are stamped in Baked Brown Sugar. The heart is stamped in Strawberry Slush. I used my spritzer tool and a Soft Suede Stampin' Write marker to spray some brown on it. Then I rounded the corners with the new Project Life corner rounder.

I love how quick and easy this card is - five minutes TOPS!
You'll be able to order from the new catalog on June 1st, if you'd like to get your hands on one before then just email me at holly@hollystamps.com and I'll get one to you.

No comments: