Sunday, June 22, 2014

Work of Art Envelope

Time for another envelope!

On this one I used the Work of Art stamp set for the watercolor-like "swooshes" under the name and the return address stamp, and also for the heart. The watercolor look uses Soft Sky ink and the 'Grandma' and the address stamp are stamped with Island Indigo. The heart is Strawberry Slush.

I love doing envelopes like this. Seriously, it took me ten minutes tops to stamp the elements and it makes the piece of mail you're sending so much more fun and interesting - don't you think?

Now here's a fun little tip that I always teach when we do lettering in art class. An easy way to center lettering (like I did with Grandma) so that you're not trying to squish the end few letters in because you didn't leave enough space is to write out the word like I did on the right. Then figure out what the middle (or middle two) letter is. If you need to number them to figure that out, go for it. Once you know your middle letter (mine was N), stamp that letter first! Then work your way out on both sides from there starting with either the A or the D.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!


No comments: