Wednesday, August 15, 2012

2012 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop - Day 7

Welcome back to the 7th day of the Artisan Finalist blog hop! We may not have made the top 10 in the contest, but we gave it our best. You may have just come from Connie's blog, I'm sure she had something absolutely gorgeous to share with you today. I think she has magic hands. :)

Today I'm going to show you my favorite project. This was my other 3D project. I couldn't believe how many of the 20 finalists had done frames (Lots!) so here's my take on one. If I enter next year I'm going to have to step up the creativity a notch, I think!

I've had my eye on this frame at our local Hobby Lobby craft store for months and when I decided to enter, I skipped right on over there to get one. (Actually, I got 2 so I could make me one of these too since Stampin' Up! keeps the entries we send)

I used lots of different Designer Series paper on this one, don't you just LOVE the Mocha Morning paper for the tree trunks? So fun! I sewed the ruffled satin ribbon on the bottom of my girls' dresses with my sewing machine and added ribbon and strips of jewels to their dresses as well. Making this was just like playing with paper dolls! {love!} And see those clouds? It's the "muffin top" of the cupcake punch! I don't know about you (or maybe it's getting late and I'm just silly) but the word muffin top always makes me giggle. Even if you really are talking about a muffin!!! (hee hee)

Well, that's it today! If you are following the hop it's time to head on over to Melissa Stout's blog and see what crafty goodness she has for you today! And if you're not following in order (or are lost!) here is the complete blog hop list!


1. Connie Collins
2. Holly VanDyne (you are here!)
3. Melissa Stout
4. Amy O'Neill
5. Sandie Connor
6. Amy Rogers
7. Mercedes Weber
8. Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin
9. Mindy Bingamon


4 comments:

Connie Collins said...

This is absolutely adorable and very creative!

Amy O said...

Well, I don't know how you could be much more creative than this project! This is so fun! Love it!

Amy Rogers said...

Very fun project. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the frame. I'm going to have to make a trip and see if I can find one for myself. Great project!

Tara Bourgoin said...

I love this - so creative and fun!