Monday, August 13, 2012

2012 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop - Day 5

Welcome back (or just plain welcome, if this is the first day of the hop you've seen!) I hope you had a wonderful Monday! And if you came from Connie's blog, I hope you enjoyed her Artisan project for today - how could you not? :)

When I started this hop I was going to do the projects in the order I created them, but I guess I'm not since this is the last card I made. I'm a last-minute girl and it was about 2am before I had to mail my entry. I was DRAGGING. I didn't think it would be possible to pull out one last card. So I decided to just use my favorites. I used pretty much all of them on this card! My favorite cardstock of all-time is Stampin' Up!'s Brushed Silver cardstock. It's just so pretty! And it looks fantastic heat embossed with our silver embossing powder. So that's what I did. And it looked pretty, but not pretty enough. The card was still pretty plain.

So I started coloring in some petals with my white Signo pen. I didn't want to do all of the petals, I was afraid that would take away the effect of the silver on silver, so I alternated rows of petals to color. Then on the other rows, I added bling... and more bling... and more bling! I think I probably used almost half of a pack of jewels. For the greeting I figured I should use something simple so my fancy flowers wouldn't overwhelm it, so that's why it's just a strip of white embossed with silver. And that was it!


That's all for me today! Time to head on over to Melissa Stout and see what beautiful work of art she has to share - yay! Thanks so much for stopping by!

1. Connie Collins
2. Holly VanDyne (you are here!)
3. Melissa Stout
4. Amy O'Neill
5. Sandie Connor
6. Amy Rogers
7. Mercedes Weber
8. Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin
9. Mindy Bingamon

2 comments:

Connie Collins said...

This is a really cool card. I LOVE IT!

Amy Rogers said...

I love the added white details along with all the bling - what a great card for the last night before you mailed it! Beautiful!