Wednesday, October 9, 2013

MDS Blog Hop - Christmas Banner Bags


WELCOME TO THE "NEW" MDS BLOG HOP!

A bunch of us have joined together over the past two years to share our passion for digital designing with Stampin' UP's My Digital Studio. We have new designers that have joined us - WELCOME CORI, JULIE B. and ELIZABETH RUSH!  There are now 10 of us on the team!  These ladies are ridiculously talented in MDS and I'm so excited to be on this Blog Hop with them! You will find us blog hopping on the 2nd and 4th THURSDAYS of each month! We will have a "theme" selected on the first hop and then a "What we are doing in MDS" on the second hop. Also new, is the hopping method. Just click on the NEXT button and it will take you to the next person on the hop. We hope this inspires you to get into My Digital Studio and start creating! Would love to hear what you think of our "new" hop and projects, so please take a moment to let us know in comments.

Our blog hop challenge for today was to make a project for the upcoming holidays. I chose the Christmas holiday (Umm...hello...my name is Holly, right?) ;) Let me start by saying that even though my name is Holly and share the name of the bush and berry, I am SO not a fan of the traditional Christmas colors of red and green. Give me blue, give me pink, you can even mix some green in there and I'd be OK with it but not red and green together. I think I'm burnt out. So when I saw the Christmas Banner Simply Created kit I fell in love.

I used the rosettes and stacked them on top of each other (making the top one a bit smaller). And that cute little kraft colored tag? It's from the Neon Notes kit! And the Merry Christmas stamp is from the All Holidays stamp set. I printed them out, cut them out, attached them to the front of the bags with stampin' dimensionals and added a non-digital Frosted Finishes Embellishment and it's ready to hold a cute little Christmas gift! I'm thinking I'm going to use these for my teacher gifts this year.
Are you ready for the next holiday project created with MDS? Just click on the 'next' link below to follow the hop and thanks for joining us!

2 comments:

beth rush said...

really cute project! there are so many people to give a small gift to, and these are a perfect way to do it!

Jeanna Bohanon said...

This has Holly-awesome all over it! Great project friend!