Lots of stuff happened, Natalie had to go to the hospital after sticking one of my pearls from my Pretties Kit up her nose (UGH). I had way more people than I expected sign up for Card Club Night so that took up quite a big chunk of my time as well. So now I'm playing catch up again.
I also had to remove one of my January posts and I apologize for that but it was a good reason - CARDS magazine emailed and is going to use it in their July 2009 issue so I'm way excited. It's the first card I've ever had published! On July 1st they said I can add it back so the picture and instructions will be added back at that time.
I'm also embarking on a big project this weekend - SCRAPROOM MAKEOVER! It's needed it for a while and the ceiling leaked a week or so ago when all the snow melted so I'm going to take everything out of it, let Chad repaint the ceiling and then re-arrange and organize the whole thing. I'm SO excited. I'll post before and after pictures as soon as I get it done.
OK enough about things not related to today's project. Now I think I've mentioned before that I like to "mix it up" sometimes and do different sized pages - and this is one of those times. This is my sweet little baby neice Jocelyn. SU! has an art contest for demos every month and I've never entered before, so decided I may as well try. Not sure yet if I've won or not but I do love how the page turned out. :)
Sweet Baby Page
Ingredients (all supplies used are Stampin' Up!):
- "Nursery Necessities" Stamp Set
- "Lovely Labels" Stamp Set
- "Short Order" Alphabet Stamp Set
- SU! Exclusive Sizzix Top Notes Die
- Jumbo Eyelets
- Scalloped Border Punch
- Large Star Punch
- Scalloped Circle Punch
- Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Kraft, Whisper White, Close to Cocoa
- Ink: Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa
- Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write Marker
- Silver Elastic Cord
- Stampin' Dimensionals
- Medium flower from Pretties Kit
- Round bookplate from Hodgepodge Hardware
- Using your Baby stamp from your Lovely Labels set stamp it on white cardstock with Close to Cocoa. Cut or punch out that circle. Using your scalloped circle punch, punch one shape from extra kraft cardstock. Adhere your Baby circle on top and add Dimensionals on the bottom.
- On your kraft background cardstock take your little sentiment stamps and stamp them around the page as a border. The pink ink shows up very light on the kraft so it is hard to see in this scan, but I alternate between the pink and Close to Cocoa inks around the page.
- Punch 2 7" scalloped borders. Lay your 5"x7" photo onto your white cardstock and trim to a smaller rectangle. Adhere your photo and your scalloped borders on each side. Mat this white cardstock onto Close to Cocoa cardstock and trim that as well leaving a small border. Adhere this to your page towards the bottom but not covering your border.
- Cut your Top Notes shapes (3) from your Pink Pirouette cardstock. Line them up on your background of kraft cardstock and trim the sides of the two that go off the page. Take the center (full) shape and add your "Baby" scalloped circle in the middle. Stamp your "SWEET" above that circle you added. Add your jumbo pewter eyelets where the pink shapes meet when lined up. Add Dimensionals to the back then cut some ribbon or silver cording. Thread both ends through both shapes where you will tie them but don't tie them yet. Adhere the shapes down with the dimensionals so they will stretch the page, THEN tie the bows.
- Stamp your stars then punch them out (3). Add one each to the half pink shapes on the right and left sides.
- Use your last star and make a small collage on the bottom right corner of your photo with the bookplate, a flower, and a scrap of Pink Pirouette cardstock. Write your caption on kraft under your bookplate.