Monday, February 3, 2014

My MDS Bowl Projects

If you missed the MDS Bowl last night, I thought I'd share my projects.

For the first quarter we were challenged to either use Bronco or Seahawk colors on a project. I chose the Seahawks and made this using one of my favorite sayings I had pinned. I used Night of Navy, Green Galore and Smokey Slate.

I used a variety of fonts, and for the background I used two background stamps - Friend by Definition and Distressed Dots. I made them both white, then bumped the opacity on them down to about 10%. I was too chicken to try using the Bronco's colors, but a few of the other participants did and they looked fabulous!

The second quarter challenge was to make a sports project. I don't have any football photos, but I have plenty of soccer photos from this fall, so that's what I used.

For this 12" x 12" scrapbook page I used the Epic Overlays stamp brush set. I've loved this set for as long as I can remember, but don't use it much since most of my projects tend to be more fancy than fun. But this page needed to be fun!

I love the "word" bubble and the arrow that points to her medal. It doesn't get much more fun than this. The "soccer" title is a font with the red glimmer paper underneath. It shows through the letters great and adds a little bit of girly glitter to the page without making it too sparkly.

I made another card for the third challenge, but will save it for another day!

No comments: