Wednesday, April 23, 2008

April 18 - Damask Tree

I'm almost a week behind on blog posts (so sorry!) but not for lack of work or ideas - just been working on a larger project that I can't post yet. I should be able to post it in a week or so though. So now I'm going to play blog catch-up, so expect quite a few posts in the next few days. I'm signed up for a quite a few craft shows this summer, fall and winter so I'm trying to create some things to stock up my inventory for that and my Etsy store. Quite honestly I hope it doesn't sell because I love how it turned out! :) The star is a big rhinestone pin that I got at my Aunt's garage sale last year and I thought it would be perfect for the top of the tree! Because the tree is hollow and made from paper mache it poked through it perfectly.

Damask Tree

Ingredients:
  • Paper Mache Tree
  • Rhinestone Star Pin
  • Black Paint (Making Memories)
  • Damask Patterned Paper (Teresa Collins)
  • Paper Flowers (Prima)
  • Swarovski crystals
  • Zots (Therm O Web)
  • Modge Podge
Instructions:

1- Paint the tree with a foam brush and black paint. Allow to dry.

2- Cut your patterned paper into large strips and turn over and with a foam brush spread the modge podge on the back and quickly (before the glue dries) place it on the tree and hold it there until it dries.

3- Poke pin through the top and clasp to hold in place.

4- Using the Zots adhere your flowers and crystals.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So pretty and elegant! Love the black and blue!