Monday, April 7, 2008

April 4 - Butterfly Page

I printed out these photos at 4 to a 4"x6" photo sheet, so that's why you keep seeing these little photos in the projects. But I love using little photos - I love to mix it up a bit so I don't get bored using the same size photos all the time. But as of this project I'm retiring these particular photos so don't worry - you won't see them again! :) But I'm not giving up on pint-sized photos, so BEWARE!

Don't know if you can tell in the scan but the big butterfly is a large 8" clear butterfly shape from Pageframe Designs with their new swirl pattern. I just cut matching patterned paper and placed it under the butterfly. I was trying to figure out if it bothered me or not that it doesn't have a title - I almost always include a title. But I don't think it bothers me too bad so I'm going to just keep it.

Butterfly Page

Ingredients:
Instructions:

1- Adhere your butterfly down to your darker patterned paper with the vellum tape runner. Trim the paper around the butterfly shape. Adhere the butterfly with the patterned paper to your 12"x12" lighter pattern.

2- Write your journaling tabs and cut them out. Adhere them around your butterfly shape. You may need to adjust some words to make it fit correctly. I lay mine all out to make sure it fits before I start to adhere them all down.

3- Sew around the border of the page with white thread. First I sewed a single straight stitch, then changed my machine to a zig zag stitch and went around the border again over and around the straight stitches.

4- Adhere your photos, then your rhinestone circles. Draw your antennae and you're done!

1 comment:

Becky said...

You already know how much I love this page Holly, but wowzers...I think it is my favorite Holly page ever!!