I've had some health issues that have made it very frustrating to work with my hands, which is partly to blame for my absence in December. I'm learning to adjust and deal with it. I've done a ton of projects today since we're snowed in so I have a lot of things to post during the coming weeks.
I absolutely LOVE Valentines Day and clear cards so I decided to do both with today's project. The girls at the Scrapbooking Cafe were sweet enough to get me a Sizzix Big Shot for Christmas so I've been using the heck out of the Stampin' Up! Top Notes die.
Clear Valentine Card
- Clear Card (Pageframe Designs)
- Priceless Stamp Set - Heart (SU!)
- Short & Sweet Stamp Set - Love You (SU!)
- Big fabric flower (Stampin' Up!, Pretties Kit)
- Silver Bookplate (Stampin' Up!, Hodgepodge Hardware)
- Whisper White and Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette Cardstock (SU!)
- Riding Hood Red and Versamark ink (SU!)
- White Signo Pen (SU!)
- Sizzix Top Notes Die (SU!)
- Silver Embossing Powder (SU!)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (SU!)
- Peel your protective coating off of your clear card
- Cut the same shape on your Sizzix with your Whisper White and Riding Hood Red cardstock. Trim your white shape around the perferations on the edges to make it slightly smaller than your red shape. Adhere them together, white on top. Adhere this shape to the inside of your clear card.
- Stamp your heart with Versamark ink on the Pink Pirouette cardstock. Sprinkle your silver embossing powder on it and heat emboss the image. Cut the heart out and put some Stampin' Dimensionals on the back. Adhere it to the front of the flower. Adhere the entire flower with heart on the front of your card covering most of your shape inside. This is where you can write or sign your card inside without having it show through because the flower will cover it.
- Stamp your "Love You" image in Riding Hood Red at an angle at the bottom of the white shape inside of the card.
- Line up your bookplate on the front with the card closed so that it will line up with the greeting inside of it and poke holes in the side of the bookplate where the holes are with sharp scissors. Insert your brads and cut off the ends of them before you spread out the prongs. This way they won't show through the front of the clear card.
- Dot around the 3 open sides of the front of your card with your white Signo pen.