I was working on some cards tonight and thought that I almost always seem to tend to stick with the same colors or color schemes with projects I make so I'm going to try to go out of the box with the blog here to inspire me to use each of the colors in different ways. I've been a SU! demo for almost 2 years now and there are quite a few colors that I've never even used. So each week I'll be posting projects with a certain color used - I'm going to try to post at least 2 projects each week with that color. So to start it all off this week (even though it is almost over) I'm going to start with some PINK PASSION from the Bold Brights Color Collection. I love bright pink and black together and love how this card turned out! I also used some goodies from the new Occasions Mini Catalog here too (Oval All set and Scalloped Oval punch). I have another post ready to go for tomorrow also featuring PINK PASSION so be sure to check back!
Ingredients (all Stampin' Up!):
- "Oval All" Stamp Set (Occasions Mini Catalog)
- Scalloped Oval Punch (Occasions Mini catalog)
- Large Oval Punch
- Basic Black, Whisper White and Pink Passion Cardstock
- Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon
- White Signo Pen
- Basic Black ink
- Corner Rounder Punch
- Scalloped Border Punch
- Trio Flower Punch (thanks Beth!)
- Silver Brads from Hodgepodge Hardware kit
- Cut your card from Basic Black Cardstock and fold in half.
- Take your PINK PASSION cardstock and cut a 2" strip then scallop punch one edge. Adhere it towards the bottom of your card with a little of the black showing through the bottom. With your white Signo pen dot around the scalloped border on your black.
- Cut your Kiwi Kiss ribbon and adhere it right above your PINK PASSION strip.
- Stamp your Oval stamp on Whisper White cardstock and punch it out with your scalloped oval punch. Then stamp the SAME image again on PINK PASSION cardstock and cut the middle oval out with your large oval punch. Layer these together and adhere together.
- Punch white and pink cardstock with your Trio Flower punch a few times and scatter these on the top portion of the card (on the black cardstock) - adhere each with a silver brad.
- Take a small white flower and adhere it to the top of your scalloped oval you just created with a silver brad. Adhere this scalloped punched image over your ribbon on the right side.
- Use your corner rounder punch to round the bottom corners.