Thursday, March 13, 2008

March 11 - Chipboard Magnets

Well, I've been creating - just not blogging, so I'm playing blog catch up today!

What is one of my favorite things to do? Make fun things into magnets! That's hard for a person married to a person who hates clutter on the fridge, but I can usually squeeze a few on there without him noticing.

Now I have had these ProvoCraft chipboard pieces for years now and I love them SO much but I've never been able to use them on a page. So I finally thought - I'll make them into fridge magnets! Did you know that you can make almost ANYTHING you want into a magnet? The hobby stores all sell magnet strips - some flat in a pack and some in a roll, but they are sticky on one end - just peel and stick to whatever you want turned into a magnet and there you go! Now I usually buy the roll because you get more for your buck(s), but the problem with the roll is that when you go to stick them onto something the sticky stuff tends to start coming off and the magnet will curl. It can get pretty pesky. So I would recommend buying the flat strips if that kind of thing bothers you. :) Well, enjoy todays project and post a comment if you make any magnets - I'd love to hear about them/ see them!

Chipboard Magnets

Ingredients:

  • Chipboard shape (Provocraft)
  • Magnet strips
  • Rhinestones (Heidi Swapp)
  • White Pen (Signo)
  • Rubons (7gypsies & My Minds Eye)
Instructions:

1- Take your chipboard piece you are using for your magnet and just decorate it to your liking!

2- Turn your chipboard over and add your magnet strip.

No comments: