Saturday, March 15, 2008

March 13 - Simple Cards

So many times I get caught up in the mindset that cards I make have to be these astoundingly creative masterpieces. Probably because I do more scrapbook pages usually than cards. Pages sit in your album and are enjoyed (hopefully!) year after year by you and your loved ones. And for all I know - the card I just made and set could make it into the dreaded FILE 13 before the day is through. You just never know! So while I still do love really cool, fancy cards - I really need to remember that they don't always need to be that way. SIMPLE IS GOOD!

So last night at the crop I went to (sniff, sniff - I'll miss cropping with you Suzy, Shannon, Joan, Connie, Mary and all of my other regular cropping buddies!) I had a few minutes left before I had to clean my stuff up, so I just put together a card that probably took me about 5 minutes or less.

A Little Birdie Told Me Card

Ingredients:
  • Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!)
  • Ribbon (Making Memories)
  • Rubons (Hambly Screenprints)
  • Stamps and Ink (Stampin' Up!)
Instructions:

1- Cut and score your cardstock for your card.

2 - Cut a slit the size of your ribbon through BOTH the front and back of your card at the bottomish (yes, that is a word! LOL) right hand side. Use Zots or SuperTape to attach your ribbon to your card on the outside and wrap it around, then pull your two sides through the front and back so the ends come in to the inside of the card. When your card is done you can just tie this into a knot to keep it closed.

3- Add your rubons and stamp your greeting!

Hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend! :)

No comments: