Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Club Night Card #1

Yep, I know I missed the past few days on the blog. But the good news is that I'm going to make it up today with 3 card idea posts that my club made last evening!

This card was the simplest of the three we made, but was my favorite. A similar design was featured in Stampin' Success this month, which is an idea magazine sent monthly to Stampin' Up! demonstrators. I always love the ideas they have in there, but don't always have the time to make them. This one I had to try! I put my own spin on it with the textured background and the flowers. And the technique we learned for this card is that it is always hard to get a "clean" image when you have a stamp that has a lot of dark areas without details. You'll get spots, you'll get lines, you'll get areas just not filled in that well by your ink. The way around that is to just color in those areas with the coordinating Stampin' Write marker (in this case, Basic Black). Once you get done it will look like you stamped it perfectly!

And those little tiny green leaves? Just punch the same flowers out of green and cut the petals off to make leaves. Easy! Check back today for two more card ideas!

No comments: