Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 26 - Friends Page


My New Year's Resolution (OK, one of them!) is to KEEP THIS BLOG UPDATED! And look - I'm even starting early! :)

If you've been following this blog or even just checking it every once in a while you know that during the past year I've kind of shifted from scrapbooking to cards. Cards were a great distraction for a while (quick & easy) but my heart really does belong to scrapbooking.
I'm a storyteller and the best way for me to tell a story is through a scrapbook page. Even if I don't have a lot of words I love letting the photos tell the story. And during the past few weeks it has been KILLING me not to go up to my little room and whip out a few pages. I've taken some fun pictures the past year that I've done basically nothing with yet so I have a lot of scrapbooking ammo for the next few months while I work on getting caught up. So from this point on I'll be having many more scrapbooking pages mixed in with the card ideas I post.

Tonight after I got all of the Christmas toys cleaned up and put away I finally had a chance to hole up in my room for a few hours and get back into the swing of the scrapbooking thing and BOY DID IT FEEL GOOD! I've really missed it so much! Of course it also helped that I had a bunch of cool new supplies to play with too. Stampin' Up!'s Occasions Mini Catalog that comes out on January 5th has so many cute new things in it that will help you make the coolest scrapbook pages and cards. Almost everything on this scrapbook page is from the new Occasions Mini Catalog - if you want a copy be sure to let me know. (And there are a few Sale-A-Bration items thrown in too - if you're thinking "what on earth is Sale-A-Bration?" it's a promotion with exclusive products and stamp sets that you can earn for FREE with every $50 order! Just contact me with any questions!) Until tomorrow...

Supplies:
Vintage Vogue Stamp Set (2010 Occasions Mini) - Item #117690
Chocolate Chip Ink - Item #100908
Chocolate Chip 12"x12" Cardstock - Item #107102
Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack (2010 Occasions Mini) - Item #117161
Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper Pack (2010 Sale-A-Bration Catalog) - Item #118401
Sweet Pea Stitched Felt (2010 Occasions Mini) - Item #117266
Scallop Trim Border Punch (2010 Sale-A-Bration Catalog) - Item #118402
Scallop Trim Corner Punch (2010 Occasions Mini) - Item #118870
Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker - Item #100071
Corner Rounder Punch - Item #109047
Small Heart Punch (2010 Occasions Mini) - Item #117193
Stampin' Dimensionals - Item #104430

and my sewing machine with some white thread. :)
{ holly }

3 comments:

Erin said...

This is so so so cute. I have that punch on order.lol.. I wish I could do flowers more, but Karson and flowers don't really go together.lol

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Well, as an avid scrapper, I am certainly always happy to see lovely pages! I brought this stamp set with me on vacation so I could play with it, too!! Although, I am quick to get easily distracted by the quick and easy cards, too! I love your page and what you have done with it!

jacque4u2c said...

This is just adorable! I love all the detail! Glad you were able to PLAY!!!!