Monday, December 28, 2009

December 28 - a&n Scrapbook Page


Somebody stop me - I am on a roll! Last night I sat down at my desk to do this page, got the paper picked out then couldn't do a thing with it. So I went back downstairs and did something else. Over the years I've found that if the mojo isn't there it just isn't there. It's nothing I can force out of me. :) I just have to wait until an idea strikes. And fortunately I didn't have to wait long - when I went back up tonight (I was going to make a card!) I started playing around with the page again and managed to finish it.
All supplies are Stampin' Up! and again most of them are from the new Sale-A-Bration and Occasion Mini Catalogs available January 5th. I got my Sale-A-Bration catalog in the mail today so they should be hitting your mailbox shortly if you haven't already gotten a copy. Or if you need one just let me know.
One thing I absolutely love from the Occasions mini catalog are the Chat Room rubons. Yeah, yeah - I know they are supposed to be for cards but has that ever stopped me from using it on a scrapbook page? NO WAY! :) I wanted to set the photo apart and add a little bit of journaling to the page too so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone - so I cut apart the different words and sayings from the Chat Room rubons and placed them around my girls in the photo. I used the white rubons because the background was dark, but the rubons also include a sheet in Chocolate Chip so if my photo would have had a light background I could have used those. Then in between each "saying" to separate them out a bit I drew a quick little heart with my white Signo pen.
For my butterflies (made with the new Beautiful Wings Sizzix Embosslet) I folded them in half with the insides together and put a Stampin' Dimensional under each wing. Then attached it to my page in the middle with an epoxy brad. The dimensionals on the wings gave them a fun 3D look.
That's it for tonight ~ hope you had a fantastic Monday and are enjoying the final days of 2009!
{ holly }
Supplies:
Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack (Occasions mini catalog) - Item #117161
Chat Room Rubons (Occasions mini catalog) - Item #117199
Beautiful Wings Sizzix Embosslet (Occasions mini catalog) - Item #118138
Pretty In Pink Epoxy Brads (Occasions mini catalog) - Item #117271
Vintage Labels Stamp Set (Sale-A-Bration mini catalog) - Item #118392
Scallop Trim Border Punch (Sale-A-Bration mini catalog) - Item #118402
Jumble Alphabet Stamp Set (for "a" and "n") - Item #115119
Schoolbook Serif Alphabet Stamp Set (for "&") - Item #113510
Curly Label Punch - Item #112208
Wide Oval Punch - Item #112082
White Signo Pen - Item #105021
Soft Suede Designer Series Paper (Polka Dots) - Item #115688
Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla & So Saffron cardstocks
Soft Suede ink - Item #115657
Stampin' Dimensionals - Item #104430

No comments: