Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December 30 - Just Priceless Page

I'm filling up my album for the girls quickly this week! :)

Today's page is an example of how you can use a mistake to your advantage by just making the best of it. When I make a mistake or something doesn't go as planned on a page or card and I have to figure out a way to cover it up I usually end up liking it even more and today's page is no different.

The 1-1/2" stripes of patterned paper were put on the right side and I was going to zig zag stitch each one on the right side of the strip of paper. I got the pink one done fine but then on the green one my machine decided to un-thread without me realizing it so I had just holes down the whole strip and it looked pretty silly. So I covered it up with Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon. Well I liked how it looked on the green strip so I decided to do it on all of the strips of paper and love how it turned out. To me it looks better than I think it would have had I just kept stitching them with white thread.

Yay for mistakes and mess-ups!
As usual all supplies used are Stampin' Up! with most of them being sneak peeks of the new Sale-A-Bration and Occasions mini catalogs that will be available on January 5th.

Occasions Mini:
Sweet Pea Paper Stack
Chocolate Chip Epoxy Brads
Stitched Felt Flowers

2009/2010 Idea Book & Catalog:
Jumble Alphabet Stamp Set
Priceless Stamp Set
Chocolate Chip cardstock, ink and grosgrain ribbon

* also used sewing machine with white thread and a bunch of different zig zag stitches.

No comments: