Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5 - Triple Play Thursday

Welcome to Triple-Play Thursday! Have you discovered Pinterest yet? If you did, you know how addicting it is! My inspiration for today's Triple-Play comes from a card I saw on Pinterest here. I loved how the heart opened up to the ribbon underneath. So I decided to try it a few different ways.

The first I CASED the example with a few differences. The first being glitter paper. :) Nothing says "Be My Valentine" like red glitter paper! Just pop the red glitter paper up with some dimensionals after you punch your heart through it and add your ribbons underneath.

For the second take I pretty much only used the concept of the punched heart. These aren't your typical Valentine's colors, but you know how much I love blue. And Crumb Cake. When I put this one together the corners kept popping up more than I wanted them to (maybe because I ran it through the embossing folder first) but it was nothing a little brad in each corner wouldn't fix. And I had to use my favorite alpha stamps - the Just Perfect alpha. They weren't kidding when they named that set.

For the third take I went the fancy, traditional route. I LOVE Stampin' Up!'s chunky glitter and I loved how it looks under the punched heart. I just used Stampin' Up!'s sticky sheets, laid my punched heart on top of it and cut a slightly larger heart out of it to stick the glitter to my card. I didn't sew around the edges of the square like I did on my first take, I just used my white Signo pen from the catalog and drew a simple border around the edges and the heart.

Thanks for coming by for the Triple-Play today! You'll find three sets of supplies below for each of the cards. And be sure to stop by tomorrow for our MDS Blog Hop where we'll all be using the latest/newest digi downloads for My Digital Studio!


Supplies for Card #1:




Supplies for Card #2:
Supplies for Card #3:



2 comments: