Thursday, January 26, 2012

Technique Thursday - Doodling!

Yes, you read the title of this post right. What used to be Triple-Play Thursday got changed today to Technique Thursday. I loved the idea of Triple-Play day, but I have to be realistic. I just don't have enough time in my day to do three versions of the same technique. So...we're going with techniques on Thursday from now on.

I'm an art teacher, and know how hard it is to get kids over the fear of doing something wrong. Even in art. Especially in art. My bulletin board that says "There Are No Mistakes in Art Only Happy Accidents", and that helps a little when I remind them to look at it. But it's not just kids. I think to a certain degree we're all afraid sometimes to do art because we're afraid we're going to screw up.

For this reason I make my kids doodle. We doodle a LOT. They usually get to a point in the year where they're not so afraid to draw things anymore because they've done it so much. Well, that and the fact that I absolutely LOVE to doodle too!

So for today's Technique card, I doodled. I used to have a big heart stamp (wasn't Stampin' Up!) that looked almost just like this. It's long gone, I don't remember when or where to, but I miss it. So I thought I'd doodle my own today with a black Stampin' Write marker. I also doodled the border around the white, and the "Amour" tag. Fun stuff! When you're stuck on what to stamp, why don't you try it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need to doodle more :) My happy accidents end up unhappy in the garbage!