Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 26 - NG

Tonight I went up to my scrap room to grab my camera battery that had just charged and out of NO WHERE the urge to make this just hit me! And it felt SO GOOD to just scrap something for no reason and just play around with it! YAY! Tara at Pageframe Designs had sent me this 12"x12" thick sheet that I've been dying to use. Then I was on Etsy the other night and saw the CUTEST alphabet die cut from a fun little store called The Scrappy Shack - it's the letter circle that I used for the title. Lori who owns the store was SUPER sweet and made me one in white and black - she'll make one in any color you ask for!

AND finally - I used my scalloped circle punch from Stampin' Up! for the background of the flowers which will BE INCLUDED in my blog prize package for this weekend! (Details will be posted about it tomorrow!) It's my favorite punch ever and I'm so excited that I have an extra one to give away! :) So be sure to stop back again tomorrow (or throughout the weekend) to get your entry in!

NG

Ingredients:
  • Black Grid Clear Sheet (Pageframe Designs)
  • Black Swirl Die Cut Cardstock (KI Memories)
  • Glitter Cardstock
  • Alphabet circle die cut (The Scrappy Shack Etsy Store)
  • White Signo Pen (Stampin' Up!)
  • Scalloped Circle Punch (Stampin' Up!)
  • Glitter Cardstock letters (K&Co.)
  • Rhinestones (Kaiser Crafts)
  • White paper flowers (Prima)
  • White Scalloped tag (Martha Stewart Crafts)
Instructions:

1 - Peel your protective coating from the back of your patterned clear sheet.
2 - Adhere your 12" x 12" die cut cardstock sheet on top of the clear sheet.
3 - Adhere your photo.
4 - Turn your glitter cardstock over, and flip your letter circle over and trace the inside of the circle with a pencil. Cut it out making the circle you cut just a little bit larger than the circle you just drew so it will lay under the alphabet circle. Adhere them both on the page, laying the glitter cardstock down first, then the alphabet circle.
5 - Add your white scalloped tag, then your chipboard letters, then once those are adhered write your journaling.
6 - Assemble your flowers by punching your scalloped circle, adding your flower on top, then adhering a rhinestone to each center.
7 - Scatter them on your page and adhere them.
8 - With your white signo pen make dots around the black swirls linking to each of the flowers, starting from the bottom.

Have a GREAT Thursday! :)
Holly

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I love this page!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Holly! I especially love the KI on the Pageframe sheet, and how cool is that die cut?!?