Sunday, August 10, 2008

August 10 - Audrey Page

Do you ever do a page or project and when you finish realize that you're not sure if you like it or not? I have good days and bad days - I've done two pages today so far and I'm not sure if I like either of them. So feel free to post a comment and let me know what you think. I just added these mini alphabet photo sets to my Etsy store and I wanted to create a sample with them. So this is what came out of my brain, and like I said - not sure if I like it or not. But it is done, so I'll just leave it alone. I'll post the other "I'm not sure about it" page tomorrow. Most of the items used on this page were from Couture Scrapbooking.

As you can tell, I'm getting back into a page kick again. I think I went a few months there without scrapbooking one scrapbook page at all - just doing home decor things. But it's back with a vengeance and it's all I want to do now! :) So if you come to this blog for home decor ideas - BEWARE! They may be few and far between. But HEY! That's why the blog is named "Create SOMETHING Everyday". So I'm safe. Hee hee. Hope you're having a GREAT weekend!

Audrey Page

Ingredients:
  • Patterned Paper Blue (background) : My Minds Eye
  • Patterned Paper Die Cut : Making Memories
  • Patterned Paper Green Title Border : Fancy Pants Designs
  • Title Letters : Artsy Paper
  • Flowers : Imaginisce
  • Rhinestones : Kaiser Craft
  • Resin Frame : Melissa Frances
  • Kraft Cardstock : Stampin' Up!
  • Black Pen : Micron .05 tip
  • My Trusty Sewing Machine with some Teal thread
Instructions:

1 - Adhere the die cut paper onto the background paper.
2 - Cut your green title strip 3-1/2" tall, 12" wide. Line up your title and adhere them down. Add a rhinestone between each letter.
3 - Adhere title strip to your background paper and using a zig zag stitch sew it onto your page.
4 - Add some rhinestones to the flowers.
5 - Adhere your photo, then sew some more around it to create your border.
6 - Adhere your small frame and add a flower in the middle with a rhinestone.
7 - Add another flower at the bottom corner of the frame you just sewed.
8 - Write your journaling out on kraft cardstock and cut out the words. Adhere them beside your photo.

I'm going to be working this week on setting up the consignment part of The Scrapbooking Cafe so the title letters should be there in the next week as well. And YAY for the first Friday night crop this week - I'm SO excited! Hopefully I'll be able to get done a lot of projects to post on the blog!

No comments: