Sunday, March 8, 2009

March 8 - Scallop Thank You Card

Oh am I LOVING my Sizzix Big Shot!
I've never been much of a die cut person - I've been scrapbooking for over 12 years now and die cuts were THE thing when I started way back then so I got tired of them fast being as how they were about the only embellishments available. I don't own and have never wanted to own a Cricut. So when Stampin' Up! announced that they were going to be carrying the Sizzix Big Shot in their catalog now I thought - "What on earth are they thinking?" LOL

But look at me now. I have a Big Shot, have been collecting dies and am having a grand old time using it! Silly me. :)

Scallop Thank You Card


Ingredients:
Instructions:
  1. Cut your large scallop card shape from your patterned paper. Score down the center and fold.
  2. Punch two strips (one Baja Breeze and one Whisper White) with your scalloped edge punch and layer on top of each other on the left side of your card. Using your white Signo pen draw dots on the top Baja Breeze scalloped strip on the scalloped edge.
  3. Using your Flowers decorative strip die cut from Baha Breeze and adhere that to the right of your scalloped strips you just added. Add rhinestones in the center of the flowers.
  4. Using your embosslit die cut and emboss 3 cherry blossom shapes from your Whisper White cardstock. Adhere these on the empty area of your card. Add a rhinestone in the center of each flower.
  5. Using small strips of Baja Breeze stamp your "thank you" sentiment in Baja Breeze ink and round the corners. Add white Signo pen dots under the words and tuck one side of each under each of your flowers and adhere them.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

SO cool! Def. one of the most unique cards I've seen in a long time. Nice work! :)

Kelly Taylor said...

I really like this card! I also wasn't sure about the Big Shot but I sure love it now!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my gosh, this is so awesome! Thanks for taking the time to type out the instructions.

thescrapmaster said...

AHHHH! I love love your scallop card! It is gorgeous!!