Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 7 - Simple Saturday

Happy Simple Saturday!

I love simple cards. I also love big, fancy-schmancy cards but as much as I try to make them - that's just not my style. Once my husband called me "mashed potatoes with no gravy." He knows me well. :)

For today's project I decided to use the "Turtle & Co." set which is also this year's Ronald McDonald Charity set. That means that every set Stampin' Up! sells, they donate $3 of that set to the Ronald McDonald Charities. It also means that this set won't carry over to the next catalog, so if you're on the fence about it you've only got about 6 more months to decide. :)

I love these outlined sets so much because I LOVE mixing patterned paper with the stamps. To make the frog I stamped it once on the Whisper White cardstock, then stamped the frog again on the patterned paper and cut out the body (everything except for the eyes). Then just adhere it over your original stamped image. I also did it with the cone part of the hat, and the heart in the thought bubble. It took a few minutes to cut out the toes of the frog, but cutting things soothes me and I love doing it. Just takes a little bit of patience.

I'm running out of time this morning and don't have time to do the individual product links, but all items used (and that great stamp set!) can be found in my online store. I will try to add them later tonight.

Have a very great Simple Saturday and see you tomorrow for Scrapbook Sunday!

No comments: