Friday, January 6, 2012

MDS Blog Hop - Valentines

Our My Digital Studio blog hop assignment this week was to use any of the newest digital downloads in a project.

Since most of Tuesday's downloads were Valentine's related downloads I decided to CASE an idea I saw on Pinterest earlier this week. Once I saw it, I knew I wanted to use it for my girls' Valentine's this year and knew My Digital Studio would be the perfect tool to use for them.

I wanted Audrey to be looking up at me in the picture so I stood on a dining room chair to take the shot. It's a great way to minimize distracting things on the background since your floor becomes your background instead! Just make sure if you want to add something to your photo (like the Happy Valentine's Day stamps) you can offset your subject to leave room for the sentiment.

I set it up as a small postcard in My Digital Studio and it also allowed me to design the back. I added the "To:" and "From:" and let Audrey fill those out. She's so excited to take these to school, I think it will be hard for her to wait a month!

The supplies for this project are listed below. As well as the links to the other talented My Digital Studio blog hoppers!


Supplies Used:
Be sure to check out the other blog hoppers this week! There are a few that had to drop off temporarily due to unforeseen circumstances but will hopefully be back with us soon!

4 comments:

Cindy Schuster said...

SHUT THE DOOR! I am SO doing this!AWESOME! Thanks Holly for sharing this!

Amber said...

Cute! I did this for Andrew's valentine's last year. It was so much fun!

Angie & Becca said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing:)

Alesha Walls said...

Cute!