Thursday, October 6, 2011

MDS Blog Hop: Halloween Party


Last week I was invited to join a very talented group of Stampin' Up! ladies to participate in a weekly My Digital Studio Blog Hop. I'm SO excited! Each week you'll get to follow the blogs to see fun ideas in a different theme every Friday.

This week is Halloween Party week! Our challenge was to make Halloween party goodies using My Digital Studio. Since I'm a digital girl that can't let go of her paper, I wanted to do a hybrid project. I love the new Kraft Gift Boxes that are in the new Holiday Mini Catalog, and figured they would make great Halloween treat boxes.

I printed the background paper from the digital "Wicked Fun" kit onto Whisper White cardstock and cut it to fit the sides of the box (2-1/2" x 3-1/2"). Then inked the edges and over the surface with black ink. Then I created the "Audrey" name tag in My Digital Studio with the cute little owl (Audrey LOVES owls!) and printed it also on Whisper White cardstock. Punched it out and adhered it to a 2 1/2" circle. I then adhered it to a sucker stick with the inside circles from the new shaker frame adhesives from the Holiday Mini.

The last step is to punch holes in the top and side flap of your box with the Crop-a-dile (the largest hole fits the sucker stick PERFECTLY). I figured out a trick with it too - punch your hole in the top flap first, then assemble the top of your box. Then stick a pen or marker through that hole to mark where you will need to punch the side flap so it lines up correctly. Easy! The bat is from the bat punch that is currently on the Clearance Rack - get it while it's still available!

Supplies Used:




Now go see more My Digital Studio Halloween party ideas from the following blogs in the hop!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Holly, first I need to say how excited I am to have you join our blog hop! You're very talented! I love the box you created - what a great idea. :)

Rochelle said...

Welcome Holly! What a great idea to use these boxes for Halloween treats!

Erica said...

Love your project! The owl is darling.

Jeanna Bohanon said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for all of the instructions too! Glad to have you in our group!