Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24 - A Dramatic Rant

I don't think I've ever been much of a drama queen. At least, I try not to be. But this weekend, life gave me no choice. On Friday I took my beloved 8-year old Nikon DSLR to school with me to get some shots of the kids for the yearbook. I didn't realize that the external flash wasn't locked and my camera slid off of it and bounced on the hard hallway floor a few times. {insert tears and drama-filled sobbing call to my hubby here}

It's now broken, WAY broken. So is my heart. Since I've gotten it, it's practically been my third child. So as a final farewell, I did a quick My Digital Studio page of my favorite picture it took on the last photo shoot I took it on. And until I get a new camera you'll probably be seeing more digital items on my blog.

Last time I purchased some MDS downloads, I purchased a duplicate Hello, Doily digital brush stamp that I used on this layout. Would you like it? Just post a comment on this post and I'll randomly pick a winner from everyone who posts a comment on Thursday morning and email it to the winner! It really is an awesome brush to use on your digital goodies!

Digital supplies used in this layout:


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely page ;) I don't do digi, but I thought I'd comment anyhow!!

nancyjane said...

I've been wanting to try digital. Maybe if I win this it will spur me to gey going. Love your creations!

Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja said...

I am SO sorry to hear about your "loss" :0( However, I LOVE what you did with your photo! The circle design over the picture is an awesome touch & I love the rainbow striped spotted ribbon! So much fun! Thanks for this awesome opportunity to win a fun digital image! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Christine aka The Stampin' Ninja

Lori said...

Sorry about your camera, it is upsetting especially as it was a favourite.

Vicki said...

I would be crying and ranting too! At least you have the memory of that one last beautiful photo. Great layout too.