Friday, October 21, 2011

MDS Blog Hop - Tea Party Digital Page

This week for the My Digital Studio blog hop we were challenged to think out of the box by using paper/embellishments from one theme on a totally different theme you'd never think to use it on. Whoooo hoooo - right up my alley!

Now let me admit something. I'm not a big fan of Halloween themed stuff. I have two girls who usually dress up like princesses or Spidergirl, nurses or other fun girly things. So usually themed Halloween stuff doesn't make it into my shopping cart. Papers with spiderwebs, skulls, ghosts and ghouls just don't fit the pink vibe going through the VanDyne household.

So for the challenge this week I wanted to scrap the girliest thing I could think of with typical Halloween papers and colors. I found pictures from last year's tea party (my mom hosts one for us every year). It was mid-summer, and us girls were dressed up in dresses, crowns, and every piece of jewelry they could untangle from their jewelry box before we walked out the door. Then I opened up one of the photo template 12x12 pages in My Digital Studio and started to pop them in (removing the middle one for the title).

I'm really happy with how it turned out. The darker colors seemed to bring out the lighter colors in the pictures and I think help them stand out more in the process. And the CANDY stamp from the Halloween Bingo Bits set was perfect for the photo of the sucker tree Mom made.

What a FUN challenge this was!
Now head on over to my other fellow MDS blog hoppers and see what eye candy they came up with this week!

6 comments:

Heather Summers said...

Great page! Love what you did with it! I won't hold it against you that your number one holiday is not Halloween:)

Mandy Grant said...

Amazing! And I love the new blog design Holly!

Amber said...

how cute is that? What a great way to use the Halloween paper! I like your new blog design too. I keep meaning to update mine... Eventually, right? haha!

Rochelle said...

Fun page! The pictures do stand out on the darker DSP background!

Cindy Schuster said...

The pictures just pop! Almost looks like a Mad Hatter's tea party! LOL Great use of the DSP!

Dusty Weber said...

WOW! That looks totally brilliant! Nice job!!