Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3 - Tie Dye Embossed Flower

When these paper flowers came out, I didn't buy them. I had no idea what I would do with them. They're white! Classy, but slightly boring.

Well, I bought them. And I love them. And I wonder how I ever lived without them. And I hope they never, ever, ever retire. Ever. :) These paper daisies are like a blank canvas for color, and I love me some color!

The only thing is - they're paper. So when you ink them, the color ends up looking inked, not dyed. So I made a video of a quick way to dye them without having to use Stampin' Up!'s re-inkers. Oh yeah, and I might have heat-embossed them too. I have to give credit to my very eager 8-year-old daughter who did such a fantastic job filming this video for me. (You can hear her excitement at the end!) Makes me laugh. :)

No comments: