Thursday, May 1, 2008

April 27 - Hodgepodge Flowers

By now I'm sure it is no secret that I love flowers. You kind of have to with 2 girls. You would think I would have a green thumb - well, nothing could be further than the truth. When we first bought this house when we were getting married I got SO EXCITED that I would finally have somewhere to plant flowers. So I ran out and bought a whole bag of tulip bulbs. Ran home and planted them.

They never came up. I was crushed.

About a year later I found out that there is actually a top and a bottom to a tulip bulb, and I must have planted all or most of them upside down without knowing it. HA HA! So that was pretty much it for me planting things.

Did these for the Etsy store and the craft show I'm doing - I hope to have bags and bags of fun embellishments for sale there in some baskets so I'm creating like mad.

Hodgepodge Flowers

Ingredients:
  • Felt flower (Stampin' Up!)
  • Clear plastic flower (Heidi Swapp)
  • Paper flower (Prima)
  • Crystal and Silver bead (no idea) :)
  • Zots (Therm O Web)
Instructions:
1- Using your zots just stack your flowers on top of each other. Small zots work best for the middle bead and the paper flower, and then use a large sized zot to adhere the plastic flower to the felt so it will hold into place well.

2 comments:

Becky said...

OMG, I am cracking up at your new house flower story...that is so funny!! You do have a way with non-live flowers though, these are adorable!

Bianca Alonso said...

Those flowers are soooooo beautiful!!! I loved them.

;)