Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 22 - Mirrors

Oh I wish, I wish, I WISH I could keep everything I make - but my house is just not big enough. If I could I would keep this mirror that I made today for the upcoming craft show I'm exhibiting at - I LOVE this color blue (teal?) with brown, the colors look so gorgeous together.

I had the BEST time decorating mirrors today and hopefully will have quite a few done by the time the craft show gets here. This one will probably go up on Etsy tomorrow as well - too tired to add it tonight. :)

Mirror

Ingredients:
  • Wood Mirror (Kaiser)
  • Patterned Paper (A2Z Essentials)
  • Paper flowers (Prima)
  • Rhinestones (Unknown)
  • Manila Paint (Making Memories)
  • Mod Podge
  • Zots (Therm O Web)
Instructions:

1- Take the mirror out from the back of the frame and paint the front and sides of the frame with the manila paint. May take a few coats to get it the shade you want.

2- Cut 2" strips of your patterned paper. Trim the two side pieces to fit or slightly overlap the top and bottom pieces.

3- "Paint" the backs of the strips with Mod Podge and press onto the frame. Allow to dry.

4- Using the Zots adhere the flowers to the frame and the rhinestones to the middle of the flowers.

5- Hang and enjoy!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Gorgeous! Teal and brown is one of my very favorite color combos!

Sandy said...

I love this mirror!! So, I bought it from you lol. Great work Holly :)