Saturday, May 10, 2008

April 30 - Polka Dotted Clear Album

Well, after I got SO close to getting caught up last Saturday my ever-flaking wireless network decided to take a permanent holiday. So it took me a few days to get it back up and running - but it IS back up and running. So I have much more to post and will be doing so through the night tonight. Here's to catching up in style! :)

I did this album for the Pageframes booth at CHA and absolutely loved doing it - SO fun! Just got it back today (thanks Kim!) and I had forgotten how much I loved it.

Polka Dotted Clear Album

Ingredients:
  • Clear Patterned Album (Pageframe Designs)
  • Square Patterned Scalloped Frame Shape (Pageframe Designs)
  • Chipboard Letters (American Crafts)
  • Ribbon (Fancy Pants Designs)
  • Seal Rubon (Upsy Daisy Designs)
  • White Pen (Sharpie)
  • Rubon Letters (Heidi Swapp)
  • Zots & Super Tape (Therm O Web)
Instructions:

1- Its kind of hard to see in the photo, but the cover has a label shape cut out of it. You can cut through this stuff with a Sizzix machine like BUTTER! :) On the inside cover I mounted a small patterned scalloped square frame shape with some mini Zots.
2- On the cover I put some small dots around a few of the large dots with my white paint pen. Then I added my seal rub-on over one of the larger circles. Then added the chipboard letters.
3- On the second page I added the ribbon to show through at the bottom under my title to help the title stand out more. Then I added more dots on the top and bottom. I adhered the ribbon with Super tape and it wraps around both the front and back of the page so it wouldn't look bad in the back.
4- I added my photos on the second page to show through the window opening on the cover. It took some creative cropping and arranging, but I finally got it to look OK.
5- Then decorate the rest of your pages (I used the same elements, along with pink vellum and rubon letters).

1 comment:

You can call me Lucky. said...

This is just so beautiful. So sweet and very girlie. :)