Sunday, July 22, 2012

Another Swap Card

I'm in the Salt Lake City airport waiting for the plane, so I thought I'd share another of my swaps. I just got the fan embossing folder the week before we left and I wanted to try it out so I left. What better way to do that than about 20 swaps the day before I leave? :)


First I used the Betsy's Blossoms wheel that I LOVE. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Stampin' Up!'s wheels? They can add so much to a project. Oh, I get sidetracked so easy! UGH! I rolled the wheel on a 1" strip of Island Indigo with Island Indigo ink then scallop punched the edge. Then on Whisper White I stamped the large flourish from Flowering Flourishes with Pink Pirouette, then stamped the smaller flourish on top with Island Indigo. Stamped the "Thank You" from Sassy Salutations ink Basic Black ink at the bottom.


For the base of the card I cut a 2-3/4" x 4-1/4" strip of Crumb Cake and adhered it to the Pink Pirouette cardstock. Then once it's adhered I ran it through the Fancy Fan embossing folder with my Sizzix Big Shot. I've noticed the Fancy Fan embossing folder kind of makes your base a little flimsy, so adding that extra Crumb Cake cardstock helped stiffen the card.


I just adhered the pieces, then sewed the two pieces on top together with my machine and a zig-zag stitch. For the final step I just punched a little Crumb Cake bitty blossom flower and a pearl on top and added it to one of the little flourishes. It sounds like a lot to do, but it was really a pretty easy card to make!


Have a wonderful Sunday and hopefully I'll see you back here tomorrow.



No comments: