Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March 22 - Large Hanging Star

I have had this "Blessings" sign hanging on the wall by the stairs for years, and the fun little things I had hanging from it had seen better days. So I decided to re-do it. One of my absolute FAVORITE tools (or embellishments...not sure what you would call it) is the silver elastic cord that Stampin' Up! sold in their holiday mini catalog. It's not in the regular catalog so I stocked up, but I certainly hope some day they will include it in the big catalog. I'm on my last roll and I will cry if I run out and can't find more. But that is what this Pageframe Designs star is hanging from.

Large Hanging Star

Ingredients:
  • Large Star Shape (Pageframe Designs)
  • Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!)
  • Silver Elastic Cord (Stampin' Up!)
  • Eyelets (Stampin' Up!)
  • So Swirly Jumbo Wheel (Stampin' Up!)
  • Close to Cocoa ink (Stampin' Up!)
  • Looks Like Spring Stamp Set (Stampin' Up - retired)
  • Crop-A-Dile (W R Memory Keepers)
  • Mini Rhinestones
Instructions:

1- Trace your star shape onto the cardstock using your acrylic star as the pattern. Cut it out.
2- Roll your jumbo wheel image all over the cardstock star you just made.
3- Attach your photo to the cardstock and trim it to fit the star.
4- Place your star over the top of both the cardstock and photo and punch your eyelet holes using the Crop-a-dile. Clamp down your eyelets.
5- Add Zots on the corners, then if you can see them you can stamp and cut out your flowers and cover them up with those. I also added mini rhinestones in the center of my flowers.
6- String up both sides with your elastic cord and tie in a bow.
7- Hang from your hooks.

No comments: